Meeting Regulatory Requirements Malta – AML, RG and Blockchain Developments
Event Phone: + 44 7734 215 166
- September 25, 2019 - September 26, 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The updated gambling regulatory framework in Malta came into force as of August 1st 2018. The changes, which have now had almost a year to settle in were, designed to enhance responsible gambling measures and consumer protection standards and implement an overall risk based approach to regulatory processes and procedures.
Maltese authorities have, in the past, been accused of failing to tackle serious AML breaches however the Malta Gaming Authority has demonstrated its dedication to changing this perception. It is very clear that businesses must now ensure best practice is observed.
In addition Malta and the many gaming business who call the island home provide a hotbed of innovation when it comes to technological development. The MGA have stated that their strategy is to be at the forefront of gaming regulation while embracing innovation. This is demonstrated by their commitment to the Virtual Finance Assets (VFA) and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) sandbox framework.
This event is a must for any gaming business or support service provider based in or looking to do business in Malta. We will take a deep dive into the regulatory framework, best practice and the opportunities to benefit from innovation from a player protection perspective.
This exclusive conference and training event will deliver key learning outcomes and across the two days you can expect:
- Greater understanding of AML, Blockchain and Payments
- How to identify suspicious activity
- The importance of SAR’s/STR’s and the important role employees play
- How to undertake quality investigations
- Adequate SAR/STR’s content for staff and the MLRO
- Dealing with customer interactions and markers of harm
It is essential that every operator is able to capitalise on some of the fantastic work that is being done and also take this opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of how to better meet you regulatory and legal requirements.
Who should attend?
All operators with a UK and Maltese Licence
- Senior management at Remote gambling operators
- Heads of compliance at Remote gambling operators
- Heads of Player Protection or Social Responsibility at Remote gambling operators
- VIP Managers at Remote gambling operators
- Social Responsibility team members at Remote gambling operators
- Compliance team members at Remote gambling operator
Day 1 Conference, 25th September 2019
Time slots are provisional and exact timings may be subject to change.
09:00 Registration and refreshments
09:30 Opening remarks from the chair
09:40 Regulatory Review
10:20 Guide to player investigations and VIP customer intelligence
10:55 Payments, problem gambling and meeting AMLD requirements
11:30 Networking coffee break
12:00 Panel – AML and gambling. Understanding / assessing the risks and implementing organisational change
13:00 Networking lunch break
14:00 Panel – Responsible gambling – being compliant is the minimum standard, what does best practice really involve?
Panel – Maltas DLT sandbox framework and regulating blockchain
15:00 Networking coffee break
15:30 Panel – Maltas DLT sandbox framework and regulating blockchain
16:50 Closing remarks and close of conference
Day 2 Training Workshop, 26th September 2019
This workshop for Senior Compliance professionals across both AML and Responsible Gambling will provide essential training that can be passed onto relevant staff. We all have a role to play in combating financial crime and minimising harm. The role of the Compliance Manager/Director is continuously evolving and in many ways, is becoming more challenging than ever before.
This exclusive training event from AMLGS will deliver key learning outcomes and on the day you can expect:
- Key understanding of adequate completion and process of SAR/STR
- How to identify the early signs (Red flags) of Problem Gambling
- How to conduct comprehensive investigations for SOF and DD
- How to undertake effective enterprise & customer risk assessments
- How to be ready for a regulatory inspection, assessment or evaluation
- How to successfully incorporate AML and Responsible gambling processes
You can book to attend the conference day on the 25th September, the workshop day on 26th September or both days.